Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Plusses and Minuses of Blogs.

This was my first time ever using a blog. Before this class I didn't even know what blogging was. As I became more familiar with it I began to see how it could be very beneficial to teachers. I as a future teacher immediately began to have ideas in which it could be used. I saw many inventive ways in which other teachers from different states were using it in their classrooms.

I chose a student from my own EDM 310 class and went through and with a critical eye analyzed their blog in comparison to mine. Of course there were some very good ones, there were also some very poor ones. I tried to keep in mind that if one is not into blogging their blog might reflect this. This I saw as a minus. Even if you don't like something always give it your best effort.

Especially as a teacher you will be setting this example to your students. Don't let your work reflect your dislike of a product. Another minus would be if someone does not like blogging when they give their opinion of something they may tend to have it leaning more negatively. You have to remember though if using blogs in a classroom where the children participate, each student can post his or her own opinion and it may cause some controversy between your students.

However I also saw some very interesting post and informative post. I enjoyed getting to read other peoples opinions about an issue i had written on. Some times this can be used as a notification tool. I saw how this would be exceptionally helpful in different situations. When others write on a topic it could help give you more insight on a subject rather than you having to research it again or more in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment