Thursday, April 23, 2009

Edm 310 podcast reviews

I listened to four different podcast completed by the EDM 310 spring semester class of 2009. I really enjoyed listening to them. However, I noticed some areas that could stand some improvement. I went back and re-listened to my own podcast and saw a few areas that my group could improve upon. One area i noticed was how many of us when moving from from statement to another used the word "Umm" quite a bit. This is known as an informal pause and I feel every time i heard it my mind got off track of what was being said.

Others I listned to were done well but I also noticed that many groups didnt have their ideas mapped out and were kind of in a way just going with it freely. This is good because it gives the listener a sence that the podcast was conducted in a very relaxed manner and it isnt a lecture of sorts. However when the podcast is done in ths manner the podcast tends to sound jumpy. When there seems to be no natural flow to the conversation people tend to just jump in with ideas whether or not they flow smoothly with what the previous person was talking about or not.

As I continued to listen I began to be able to distinguis between those who had prepared and were comfortable in front of the microphone and those who had not prepared and were nervous. You could hear it in their voices and the way they presented their material. Those who were comforatble tended to sound more natural and their voices confident. Those who were nervous and unprepared tended to stutter and have pauses in their sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment