Saturday, April 25, 2009

EDM 310 Reflection.

We are here at the end of EDM 310, and it is time for reflections. We covered many things in this class since the beginning of the semester and some have been beneficial while others have been quite tedious. I have found a few new things I will carry with me into my education profession such as blogging, google earth, and my igoogle page. Others such as twitter the payout tables on the spread sheets,and some of the issues we were required to listen to through iTunes. I just don't see me taking these into my profession. Many things I feel I may have been more inclined to use, had we had more time to cover it and learn it in depth, are the spreadsheets. However I feel that having someone teach it in and out each year will eventually find it very boring and sometimes will breeze through it expecting their students to grab it fairly quickly. Some of us may have never used a spreadsheet and have definitely never used the formulas. So therefore I stress that more patience is needed with the students in this class.
I would have liked to learn a little more photography elements, such as the picasa. Maybe some new sites we should try. I also would not have minded doing some google earth more in depth. I have heard of the water world part of it but have not had the opportunity to use or even see it. On the other hand I could have done without twitter. I really did find this portion of the class a waste of time. This was just something outside of class mandatory that was taking up some of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment