Saturday, March 7, 2009

iTunes U.

I did some research on what exactly iTunes University was. I found that you can go to the iTunes store and go to iTunes U. Then to the side in a menu bar there are a list of schools who support this system currently. I experimentally clicked on MIT. When it pops up it gives to a brief summary about what opportunities are to be made available through this technology and what you can expect to grasp as a student.

Under the welcome message there are a range of subjects you can click on. Some examples are biology, foreign language, and Physics. Under each subject it tells you when the last time it was modified and how many tracks it contains. The ones I looked into were free. I broke apart into audio parts and it said you could watch some as a video. As you click on the subjects they break apart into individual smaller groups that are more specialized. Some I explored were molecular biology, genetics, and stem cells.

I personally thought this was very cool. I thought it would also be very beneficial to a teacher that had a concentration in a subject or was a high school teacher. I personally am an elementary education major and would most likely not use this as a resource. A high school teacher could find a lecture she liked and ask her students to listen to it as extra ideas or views. One might also use its videos as an extra resource if a teacher does not have the images to accompany a lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment