Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wikipedia Post

After reading the articles about the validity of Wikipedia, I still believe that Wikipedia should not be a reliable source of information. I have believed Wikipedia was an dishonest source of information since using facts from it in a high school paper. It resulted in mark offs because some of my facts did not match up. I have also always wondered how someone would or could properly cite facts from Wikipedia. How can one say its an encyclopedia if anyone can add or delete information. How do we know that what was replaced is accurate?

I don't think its okay for companies to change and reword or completely delete accurate information about them. If they don't want their dirty laundry aired then don't do things that will make society point fingers at you. All in all both sides of the story should be made available. The good facts and the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment